REC COACHES MEETING - THIS TUESDAY 11/21 at 7:30pm in the Tenafly Middle School cafeteria
Register to coach your child's rec team here: https://go.teamsnap.
In preparation for the Coaches Meeting on 11/21/17 at TMS at 7:30 PM, here are the 4 requirements for coaching in the program:
1. Fingerprinting must occur on years 1, 4, and 7 of involvement. Carol Roux of Tenafly Recreation will have a list of who is in need of repeat printing, and will have the appropriate form available at the meeting. A background check approval form will also need to be completed at that time.
2. Certified for youth basketball by NAYS.ORG<http://NAYS.ORG> is required. This provides instructional help and insurance for our program. Carol will be giving short certification course at the end of Tuesday's meeting. Please note that Tenafly rec will reimburse the $20 fee for the on line course. Please contact the Tenafly Rec Board for details on reimbursement.
3. Certifiication in “Concussion” training is required.
The Board of Education and the Borough insurance company require all coaches, instructors and officials to complete concussion training. Please bring a copy of the certificate to the Tenafly Recreation Department at 100 Riveredge Road once completed. Alternatively, a copy of the certificate can be brought to the meeting and given to Carol.
Follow the steps outlined below to view the video and print out the certificate:
1. Go to http://www.nfhslearn.com
2. Register – create a user name (email) and password
3. Click on Courses
4. Select Free Courses
5. Select “Concussion in Sports”
6. Click on view video
After viewing the video and taking the short quiz you will be told to return to your “homepage”. Go to the bottom of the page. There will be a box. It will look like you are going to be charged but keep going through the process…there is no fee!
4. The Code of Conduct Policy MUST be signed. Copies will be available at the meeting.